Forums

This topic is locked

ASP Upload 2.12 problem

Posted 12 Apr 2003 10:01:55
has voted
12 Apr 2003 10:01:55 Graham Cole posted:
Hi

I have downloaded and installed the newest version of ASP upload, and it seems to have worked fine. Except when I ask it to add a progress bar it tells me the files have been copied to the root directory and yet they havent, and also when I run the page on my web server, the code actually does upload the file, create directories when its supposed to and insert the record, but on clicking the upload button I recieve some javascript erros which relate to the form tag.

Instead of inserting all the code I have included a link to the page. I was hoping that you might take a little look and tell me if there is something I have done wrong.

admin.radiolollipop.org/musicupload.asp

best regards
Graham

Replies

Replied 14 Apr 2003 09:51:19
14 Apr 2003 09:51:19 Patrick Woldberg replied:
The page is password protected, so I can't check.

Does the preview work?
Does all or only some of the progress bars give you errors?
What javascript error do you get?

--------------------------------------------------
Patrick Woldberg
Web Developer at Dynamic Zones
Manager at DMXzone.com
--------------------------------------------------
Replied 14 Apr 2003 18:44:13
14 Apr 2003 18:44:13 Graham Cole replied:
Hi Patrick

Well first of all it helps if you refresh the site view, after doing this the files appeared.

However I was receiving object required errors on any line that called checkonefileupload() and checkfileupload(). At the time of these errors the scripts were held in the seperate .js file in the ScriptLibrary directory.

By copying the contents of the file into the top of the document and adding an ID attribute to the form tag, the errors have now disappeared and all works fine.

However this has rendered the Server Behaviour useless in DWMX. If I click on the server behaviour and open the dialog box it attempts to rectify the behaviour errors. When the rectified file is uploaded to the server the Javascript errors reappear.

For the purpose of my project the functionality is working, but Im not sure if this is a problem with the extention or not.

Best Regards
Graham

Reply to this topic