Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

mailing list of past weeks uploaded files

Posted 14 Mar 2003 01:30:36
has voted
14 Mar 2003 01:30:36 Adam Davies posted:
A client of mine has asked if we could implement a newsletter that could also send out a list of the past weeks file uploads.

What it would entail would be an admin uploads a file for a user to download (word doc, PDF) etc. and the date is added to it, at the end of the week , the system would generate an email with the filenames and their short description of that weeks uploads, the email would then be sent out to all the subscribers of the newsletter.

anyone know of any extensions that can achieve this??? if not I really could do with something like this, and would be willing to commision someone to write it for me.

Replies

Replied 14 Mar 2003 01:32:16
14 Mar 2003 01:32:16 Adam Davies replied:
sorry I should of added, that I already have the file upload & date added done already using pure asp upload (latest version)

Replied 14 Mar 2003 02:16:52
14 Mar 2003 02:16:52 asp asp replied:
have a look at www.webassist.com they have an extension called universal e-mailer, you can use it to mass email userers from a database.
Replied 14 Mar 2003 09:35:43
14 Mar 2003 09:35:43 Adam Davies replied:
thanks, I don't think the actual newsletter will be hard to do anyway, it's more of the including the list of the past 7 days files into the email, one thing I did forget to post was we are looking for it to only email out the list of files in the access group that the user is given access to, i.e if the user only has been given access to the basic section then they will only get emailed notification of new files in the basic section, the same goes for people in the advanced section. (it was late and I was tired and I forgot).

Thanks for the reply.

Reply to this topic