Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

need advice with choosing dreamweaverMX PHP add-on

Posted 18 Feb 2003 23:34:24
has voted
18 Feb 2003 23:34:24 Kevin Thorne posted:
I have to produce a web site using DreamweaverMX and getting live data from a MySQL database. Is there an extension that would do all the "dirty work" for me? I have no experience in PHP. Thanks.

Replies

Replied 19 Feb 2003 09:48:54
19 Feb 2003 09:48:54 Julio Taylor replied:
hmm.

that's what dreamweaver is for.. the 'dirty' work. what exactly do you want to do?

------------------------
Julio

PHP | MySQL | DWMX | ColdFusion

Replied 19 Feb 2003 15:58:22
19 Feb 2003 15:58:22 Kevin Thorne replied:
I have to take information from a MySQL database (on a linux machine) depending on what button a visitor clicks on or what barcode they swipe (the monitor will have a barcode reader attached), I also need to grab an image from a folder on the server depending on the SKU # (the SKU will have a field on the database too) of the product that information is requested of. All this to produce a dynamically produced web page that shows the information and an image of the product. I have to do it this way as there are literally thousands of products - too many to make a page manually for each, and it needs to be made up "on the fly" as prices etc change. hope that makes sense....
Replied 19 Feb 2003 15:58:34
19 Feb 2003 15:58:34 Kevin Thorne replied:
I have to take information from a MySQL database (on a linux machine) depending on what button a visitor clicks on or what barcode they swipe (the monitor will have a barcode reader attached), I also need to grab an image from a folder on the server depending on the SKU # (the SKU will have a field on the database too) of the product that information is requested of. All this to produce a dynamically produced web page that shows the information and an image of the product. I have to do it this way as there are literally thousands of products - too many to make a page manually for each, and it needs to be made up "on the fly" as prices etc change. hope that makes sense....
Replied 20 Feb 2003 17:07:13
20 Feb 2003 17:07:13 Julio Taylor replied:
what you need looks like a standard relational database structure. unfotunately there is no simple extension to do this. you will need to build a dynamic page from scratch, the best thing to do is read up a little and familiarise yourself with how to do it.

red more at --> www.webmonkey.com

------------------------
Julio

PHP | MySQL | DWMX | ColdFusion

Reply to this topic