Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Begging for help with ASP Upload on 2 Servers!!

Posted 07 Feb 2003 19:24:01
has voted
07 Feb 2003 19:24:01 Rip Munsterman posted:
I have a SQL Server/ASP driven Content Management System that updates a website that is physicially located on a seperate server. The two servers are on the same network, and both are running Windows 2K Server. The CMS is on my development server, and the website is on the production server.

I am using many components for the web application that are not installed on the production server, and there are several reasons why IRT won't install the components. (I am trying to make sure I don't waste anyone's time posting suggestions involving putting the files on the same server).

Anyway, Pure ASP Upload 2.09 is the backbone of my CMS, and I am having problems saving the uploaded images to the production server rather than on the development server. I need them to go directly to the production server because I don't want to have X's show up for the images until I manually copy over the files before leaving work. Is it possible to upload to a seperate server?

I have tried mapping the production server as my production server's B drive and then putting a physical path of "B:\images\" in ASP Upload, but that gave me a permissions error. I am assuming the problem is that although they are on the same network, they are on different domains (login issues). I would join the domain that the production server is on, but it's security settings force my server to allow all authenticated domain users. I took my computers off the domain because I work for a University with tens of thousands of students, and I was constantly getting nimda viruses and had to reformat and install Windows on a weekly basis. Not to mention, numerous hackings. However, if joining the domain would fix the ASP Upload problem, please let me know and I'll take the issue up with IRT.

I also tried creating a virtual directory on the development server called "Images" in IIS 5.1 that pointed to the network location of the production server's images folder. This also returned an error.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a deadline to meet, and I have hit a brick wall this issue... I can't tell you how much I would apprecaite any help!

Thanks in advance,

Rip

Replies

Replied 07 Feb 2003 21:27:25
07 Feb 2003 21:27:25 Brent Colflesh replied:
Dear Rip,
Preface: I don't own or have knowledge of the ASP Upload 2 script -

Have the IT group create (via IIS) a folder with read/write/execute permissions (restricted to your CMS's IP if it's static, or password protect it) on the server - have the script upload to that directory (and change your code to point to it, of course).

Regards,
Brent

Replied 07 Feb 2003 22:54:28
07 Feb 2003 22:54:28 Rip Munsterman replied:
Brent,

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I have administrative rights for the directory containing my files on the production server, so I have the ability to change the privileges (I have access to the directory via a file server). The "images" directory on the production server has read/write/modify permissions for the IUSER account. The problem is that I can’t get the ASP page on my development server to point to the “images” directory on my production server.

This is a small portion of the code, but I’ll show you what I basically need….

** <b>www.CMS.com</b> will be the development server with the CMS files and <b>www.PS.com</b> will be the production server…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This uploads files to a folder called “images” if the “images” folder and the CMS are located on <b>www.CMS.com</b>:

<font color=red>RequestBin = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)
Set UploadRequest = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary"
BuildUploadRequest RequestBin, """<b>../Images/ </b>""", "file", "", "over"

</font id=red>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<i>Of course, if images are uploaded to <b>www.CMS.com</b>, they won’t show up on the website until I copy them over to <b>www.PS.com</b>. </i>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In theory, this is what I need to do:

BuildUploadRequest RequestBin, """<b>"<font color=red>www.PS.com/Images/ </b>"</font id=red>""", "file", "", "over"
</font id=red>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks again, and I hope you can help!

Rip

Replied 07 Feb 2003 23:08:22
07 Feb 2003 23:08:22 Brent Colflesh replied:
Dear Rip,
So what happens with:

"www.PS.com/Images/"

in there? Authentication error? Some other other error? If you are on the same LAN or WAN, have you tried the actual network path instead?

Regards,
Brent

Replied 07 Feb 2003 23:42:09
07 Feb 2003 23:42:09 Rip Munsterman replied:
<b>Mapped Drive attempt:</b>
I have the directory for the files on www.PS.com mapped to K: on my development server. When I try to use:

BuildUploadRequest RequestBin, """K:\Images""", "file", "", "over"</font id=red>

I get the following error:

<b>Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied </b>

and it points to this line in my code: <b> fso.CreateFolder(GP_RelFolder)</b> I think it is trying to create the folder if it is doesn't exist, but it does.

If I try:

(the path is bogus, of course, so I don't expose our network structure to the world)

BuildUploadRequest RequestBin, """\\webserver\medschool\images""", "file", "", "over"</font id=red>

I get the following error:

<b>Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005'

Invalid procedure call or argument
</b>

That error occurs on the same line of ASP.

Reply to this topic