Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Restricting resize in explorer??

Posted 26 Jan 2003 03:55:47
has voted
26 Jan 2003 03:55:47 Gretarsson Ingi Orn posted:
Does anyone know how to restrict the resize button on the Explorer window??
and also the scroller?

IIS//Ultradev 4//WinXP_Pro/ASP:VB/JS

Replies

Replied 26 Jan 2003 18:45:11
26 Jan 2003 18:45:11 Jørgen Emerslund replied:
Can't you use a open-window function with the origial window in the background. With OpenWindow, you should be able to limit the windows features
Replied 26 Jan 2003 23:41:29
26 Jan 2003 23:41:29 Gretarsson Ingi Orn replied:
yes but then I run into the problem of having to have to close the original window that opened the new customized window. Witch is really difficult caue the explorer alway opens up a confirmation dialog box to confirm if the user wants the original window closed.

What I am trying to do is: I want to have a free guest access to my network witch is restricted.. the guest user is not supposed to be able to browse the internet but he is supposed to be able to open up a registration page to register for a network account . thats it.. he is not supposed to be able to browse away from that page. only minimize it or close it.

I am finding it really difficult to find out how to implement this.. Either there is away to open the registration page in the original window and be customised og I´ll have to open a window witch opens the customized window and closes the original.. currently that´s the only way to do this that I can think of and right now I am trying to figure out how to close that original window without the explorer displaying the confirmation dialog box.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Cheers

p.s. I am currently using ASP/VBScript/JavaScript

Replied 27 Jan 2003 00:01:28
27 Jan 2003 00:01:28 Gretarsson Ingi Orn replied:
It might be possible to open a window and use javascript to open up a new page in the same window but then the question is how do I make it disable the resize button adress bar and the toolbar.. Examples:
<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body TARGET=_blank>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

window.open("index.asp", "_Blank", "alwaysRaised";
window.close();

</Script>

</body>
</html>
that example shows my problem pretty well..
here is an alternitive but now the window custimization isn´t implemented
<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body TARGET=_blank>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

window.open("index.asp", "_top", "alwaysRaised";
window.close();

</Script>

</body>
</html>

As far as I can tell (and find information about) then I can´t use javascript to close a window javascript didn´t open (clicking the browser button would open the default home page witch would be this first window index.asp).

Someone has to know how to solve this problem.

Reply to this topic