Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Multiple select list box error

Posted 19 Jan 2003 21:35:28
has voted
19 Jan 2003 21:35:28 No more Newsletter posted:
I've seen this problem posted in several locations, but I've never seen an answer. I really hope someone can help me out here.

In DWMX, a dynamic list box on an update page will only list an initially selected dynamic value if there's a single item in the field.

Let me explain: I'm using SQL Server 2000 and ASP/vbscript. I have a list box with dynamically derived values on an insert page. The list box allows for multiple selections. If multiple items are selected in the list box, it puts them into an nvarchar field in SQL Server in a comma delimited format ("1, 2, 3". Works great.

On the update page, I have a table of values for the list box, and a table with the data that needs to be updated. I have the 'initially selected' value in the list box pointed to the field in which data was inserted on the insert page (of course).

If I select one item on the list, it will be highlighted in the list box on the update page, as it should be. If I select more than one item, the comma delimited string is saved to the database, but -no- selections appear in the list box.

I'm not using any hand coding on this page - it's all right from DWMX. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance for the help - I desperately need it.

Reply to this topic