Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Passing extra values to detailpage

Posted 17 Oct 2002 15:06:28
has voted
17 Oct 2002 15:06:28 Jeffrey Jones posted:
i have a problem.
I have a seach.asp result.asp and detail.asp. On the search page i can search for an organization categarie and someother values but not by date. And on the result page you get all the activitities and there dates. but when you choose a activity it doesn't pass the date because it was not apart of the original search. i am using the ultradev server behaviour go to detail page and i have "Pass existing Parameters " selected.

What i want to know is based on the id that is clicked can i send the date with it to the detail page.

The resultpage has sometimes 10 to 20 results but sometimes the dates vary but hase the same titel name but on a differt date and a different theme. the date is very important to also send to the detailpage. but i cant figure it out.

Thanks in advance

Replies

Replied 03 Nov 2002 12:00:20
03 Nov 2002 12:00:20 Q Qwerty replied:
I assume you want an extra parameter read by your resultpage. Mind that I'm not an expert Ultradev or ASP coder, but at least I can try.

First you should make sure that your search page passes an extra parameter to the result page. I think you should do this manually.

Second, on the result page open the recordset and click on advanced. Probaly you already see something like this in the SQL.

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>
WHERE Category = MMColParam

Make it something like this

WHERE Category = MMColParam AND TheDate = YourDateVariable

(TheDate is the variable passed by your search page and YourDateVariable teh value.) Now click the plus and do the following:

Enter under name: YourDateVariable
Default value: Enter a default value for the date
Run time value: Request.QueryString("TheDate"
</font id=code></pre id=code>

I hope this works.

Reply to this topic