Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

PHAKT 2.0.60... DOESN'T EVER CONNECT TO ONE DB

Posted 07 Oct 2002 23:49:33
has voted
07 Oct 2002 23:49:33 paolo beltrami posted:
it's quite late (or early?), my network interface card just blew out after a lightning... not to say what happened to my monitor. Luckily Philips will trade in the blew one for a new monitor. Ok...
I tried to use PHAKT under UD4, but with a very poor result, since all the UD work area was screwed. Now, on DWMX, I found PHAKT 2.0.6x much more reliable... however, I CaNNOT connect to one single db. Let me see... I tried to connect to a PHP / MYSQL / APACHE host, but just after copying all his ADODB file on the server, it generates a "UNDEFINED ERROR". After that, I tried to connect to a Hybrid system (MySQL on a firewalled linux server, PHP ON IIS5), but I got the result "Wrong Method. Error 405(?)"... the thing sounds funny, because the PHP /MYSQL model built in DWMX works just as fine with both servers. Can someone give me a hint?

... My hint for the day is to buy a surge protected electric socket!...
... and for about 10$ a cheap Realtek NIC can do no harm in your drawer!

Please, if you would like to reply, email me directly at

Replies

Replied 21 Oct 2002 12:35:02
21 Oct 2002 12:35:02 Aurel Sorin Cirstoiu replied:
Hello,

This is a known issue and we wrote an article about it. Here you can find the article:

www.interakt.ro/products/bbs/view.php?prodId=0&id_brd=1530

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------
Cirstoiu Aurel Sorin
InterAKT Support
www.interakt.ro
-----------------------
Replied 24 Oct 2002 11:56:29
24 Oct 2002 11:56:29 Tim Green replied:
It's also worth reading the whole thread, not just the article that was posted at this link, as some of the post discuss specific problems and specific issue.

Personally I think resorting to editing of the MMHTTPDB.php and ADODB.php files is a bad move, and really this whole process should be made more foolproof. Users of the other server models within PHAkT don't suffer these problems, so there must be ways in which this system can be made more robust.

I look forward to seeing this improve with future versions, but until then I think it's definitely worthwhile keeping an eye on the Interakt site for more info, and Cirstoiu's link is definitely one to keep an eye on.

All the best

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic