Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

uploading php files to webhost

Posted 16 Aug 2002 19:37:56
has voted
16 Aug 2002 19:37:56 paul sulit posted:
i just installed Phakt2 for DWMX. i noticed that there were folders and files created in my testing server as a result of installing Phakt2. these are the ff:

_mmServerScripts
includes
adodb

now, do i have to upload these folders (along with the files inside it) to my webhost's server to be able to run my php scripts? im only using MySQL as my db. pls advise. thanks!

Replies

Replied 18 Aug 2002 15:21:35
18 Aug 2002 15:21:35 Tim Green replied:
These folders contain essential files for working with DMX and PHAkT.

The _mmServerScripts folder is integral to the DMX environment, and if you aren't working with a test server you will need to upload this folder for elements of the DMX user interface to work correctly.

The adodb folder is essential too. It contains the ADODB class files, which allow PHP to talk to your database server. If you don't upload this folder your live (or test) pages won't work at all.

The includes folder is another essential folder when working with PHAkT. It contains code that is re-used throughout your pages, and it therefore also needs to be available to your pages should they require the scripts.

The basic answer to your question, then, is yes. You do need to upload all of these folders if you want everything to work as it should.

I hope this helps

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>
Replied 21 Aug 2002 17:35:10