Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Creating survey with Dreamweaver MX

Posted 14 Aug 2002 14:53:44
has voted
14 Aug 2002 14:53:44 Johnny Lee posted:
Hi,

I try to create surveys with Dreamweaver MX using PHP and MySQL. I want to have unlimited number of questions and answers. So I created two tables:
Question ( qID, qName)
Answers ( aID, qID, aName)

Now on the survey, if I do this:
{rsQuestion.aName}
and make it a repeat region, then it would display all the questions together.

I did this:
{rsQuestion.aName}
{rsAnswers.aName}
and try to make a repeat region of both, but it doesn't work. It only allows to specify one recordset in the repeat region.

I also try to create static html survey and specify a dynamic value to each radio button, but that doesn't work either. It doesn't allow me to specify the aID and the qID.

I am not sure if this is allowed, but my survey is at isopersonals.com/survey/love.php

Please help me.

Replies

Replied 16 Aug 2002 14:58:26
16 Aug 2002 14:58:26 Wil Dobson replied:
I just had a similar issue.
What you need can all be generated with your SQL statement.

You need to JOIN the two table by the common id (qID).

A tutorial on this:
www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_join.asp

basically, it creates a 'virtual' table with all the data in it. You just recordset this new result. I have tried it with dreamweaver... The resulting fields all show up in the side menu of fields. Just drag and drop from there.

Replied 17 Aug 2002 08:38:36
17 Aug 2002 08:38:36 Mark Staben replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi,

I try to create surveys with Dreamweaver MX using PHP and MySQL. I want to have unlimited number of questions and answers. So I created two tables:
Question ( qID, qName)
Answers ( aID, qID, aName)

Now on the survey, if I do this:
{rsQuestion.aName}
and make it a repeat region, then it would display all the questions together.

I did this:
{rsQuestion.aName}
{rsAnswers.aName}
and try to make a repeat region of both, but it doesn't work. It only allows to specify one recordset in the repeat region.

I also try to create static html survey and specify a dynamic value to each radio button, but that doesn't work either. It doesn't allow me to specify the aID and the qID.

I am not sure if this is allowed, but my survey is at isopersonals.com/survey/love.php

Please help me.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Not to take anything away from 'rolling your own' but you may want to check out phpESP, an awesome survey application for php/mysql.

phpesp.sourceforge.net/

Reply to this topic