Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Advanced Results Page - Please Help!!

Posted 10 Aug 2002 06:24:17
has voted
10 Aug 2002 06:24:17 Steve Bates posted:
I have a search page for an asp/VBScript form that searches an Access database. The table it searches contains multiple records per client but I need the results page to ONLY DISPLAY THE LATEST ONE BY DATE. ie the latest client details

I have looked everywhere on the web with no results, if someone could even tell me how to create a query in Access that displays the latest record by date I could probably get away with that although I'd prefer the first method.

Many many thanks in advance
Steve

Replies

Replied 11 Aug 2002 19:09:13
11 Aug 2002 19:09:13 Viktor Farcic replied:
Just sort it by date desceding. Something like:
<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>ORDER BY Date DESC</font id=code></pre id=code>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have a search page for an asp/VBScript form that searches an Access database. The table it searches contains multiple records per client but I need the results page to ONLY DISPLAY THE LATEST ONE BY DATE. ie the latest client details

I have looked everywhere on the web with no results, if someone could even tell me how to create a query in Access that displays the latest record by date I could probably get away with that although I'd prefer the first method.

Many many thanks in advance
Steve

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Viktor Farcic
www.farcic.com
TalkZone Manager

Reply to this topic