Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

filtering many recordsets with one variable

Posted 19 Jun 2002 17:05:05
has voted
19 Jun 2002 17:05:05 Brandon Taylor posted:
Hello everyone,

I have a relational Access DB with 10 or so tables. All tables share a primary key, which is an autonumber labeled "reference". All of the primary keys are joined in one-to-one relationships with referential integrity and cascading delete enabled.

I am displaying dynamic company names and then going to a detail page where I need to display data from all of the tables. I would like to be able to filter all of the tables with the "reference" number. I found a tutorial on how to filter one recordset with another, but with 10 or more, is there a better way?

Any help much appreciated!

Brandon Taylor

Brandon F. Taylor

www.btaylordesign.com

Replies

Replied 19 Jun 2002 18:38:23
19 Jun 2002 18:38:23 Owen Eastwick replied:
You would be better to create a query in Access and create one Recordset from the stored query which displays all the fields yoiu require.

Take a quick look at the tutorial link below for more about creating queries in access and using them with UD.

Regards

Owen.

Multiple Parameter UD4 / Access 2000 Database Search Tutorial:
www.tdsf.co.uk/tdsfdemo
Replied 19 Jun 2002 19:33:51
19 Jun 2002 19:33:51 Brandon Taylor replied:
This is a MUCH better way to do it! I haven't had that much experience with Relational databases before, I've only worked with Flat databases. This solves SO many problems for me! I can't thank you enough!!!

With sincere appreciation,

Brandon Taylor

Brandon F. Taylor

www.btaylordesign.com

Reply to this topic