Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Problems with Host setup & IIS

Posted 10 Jun 2002 20:17:25
has voted
10 Jun 2002 20:17:25 Quinn Pearson posted:
I'm usig the latest version of IIS to run a large dynamic website locally via PHP and mySQL on windows machines with Dreamweaver MX.

The programmers have developed the PHP in linux environments and the designers did there thing locally on windows boxes.

We are now integrating MX with our designers to better understand and communicate the project with the programmers.

The dilema is that the project is hosted in such a way that our true database path begins at '/home/sites/s3/' on the host server.

The root file 'index' for the project is one level deeper insite 'root dir./web'

There are other folders one level up from 'web', in our accessible root.

Do I need to adjust my IIS accordingly to my host to make the php functions work and the database be targeted properly on my local side?

If so, How?

Some php functions are working. Tbey are being found within the 'web' folder and sub folders. It's the files above 'web' that can't be reached, nor the database on /home/sites/s3 on our host ISP.

Quinn Pearson
CEO - Westcoast Web Design

Replies

Replied 12 Jun 2002 01:42:20
12 Jun 2002 01:42:20 Tim Green replied:
You should not need to make any modifications at all to PHP. Basically the path to your MySQL folders doesn't really matter, what matters is that the MySQL Service is running. DMX and PHP purely connect to your MySQL Server via it's IP and port, so none of these customisations should matter.

Unfortunately, though, you don't give any hint to the actual errors that you are receiving (if any) so it would be useful for you to list them.

You should also take a look at the PHP website at www.php.net. Certain functions of PHP work differently depending on whether you are using Linux or Win32, so it's important to know what functionality your developers have implemented.

File-based operations for example, work a little differently on Windows systems, as windows differentiates between binary and ascii files, if your scripts write files to the local filesystem, they need to have 'b' appended to the file open mode (your developers will understand what I mean there).

Anyway, please provide more information, I will be happy to help any way I can.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic