Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Netscape 4.7 need to be dragged and shot

Posted 07 Jun 2002 08:19:02
has voted
07 Jun 2002 08:19:02 Bubba Joe posted:
Ok Netscape should die. Ok now that I have stated the obvious I will state my problem.

OK here is what I have. I have a site that I am integating ASP into and I got everything set up and I assumed and was thinking that it would work on all browsers. cause there is no fancy Javascipts. No Major tables nor any thing else that is fancy except that the pages are ASP generated.

Well I ran in to trouble. I have a table that is called product types. Now the products to make it easy for the people to update the site I allowed spaces in the product type table. well all works well except Netscape 4.7 if instead of adding the %20 to the address bar like all the other browsers it keeps the spaces and it just displays

The parameter is incorrect.

And that is all. now if I go in and manually add the %20 to the address everything shows up like normal. Is there a way to fix this? with out adding another field in the database table? any help would be great.

You can view my delima here.
www.lonestaraviation.com
just go to the products page and you will see the problem.

Edited by - Bubbajoe on 07 Jun 2002 08:20:52

Replies

Replied 07 Jun 2002 10:31:08
07 Jun 2002 10:31:08 Andrew Watson replied:
The simplest way to avoid this is to use KEYS instaed of the actual product type.

Your Product Types table should have a Unique Key Column, that is what i would pass in the querysrtring instead of the name.

:: Son, im Thirty.... ::
Replied 07 Jun 2002 13:02:00
07 Jun 2002 13:02:00 Owen Eastwick replied:
As Leed says, it would probably be better to link by ProductTypeID, something like:

<a href="Product_type.asp?ProductTypeID=<%= RecordsetName.Fields.Item.("ProductTypeIDfield".Value %>">Docking Station</a>

However to replace the spaces in your Product Type with %20 try this:

<a href="Product_type.asp?ProductTypeID=<%= Replace(RecordsetName.Fields.Item.("ProductTypeFieldName".Value, " ", "%20" %>">Docking Stations</a>

Regards

Owen.

Multiple Parameter UD4 / Access 2000 Database Search Tutorial:
www.tdsf.co.uk/tdsfdemo
Replied 07 Jun 2002 19:46:25
07 Jun 2002 19:46:25 Bubba Joe replied:
God Bless the replace command
That has been a life saver many a time good to see you can put it in links as well which I didn't know till now

Thank you every one

Reply to this topic