Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

PD HTML editor error in copyValue()

Posted 27 May 2002 20:41:09
has voted
27 May 2002 20:41:09 brett brewer posted:
The reason I'm posting this in the PHP section is that I've been trying to use the PD Editor extension on an PHP update page for a MySQL database backend. I seem to have everything working except for one problem. When I use the "save" icon to submit the form, I get an error in the copyValue() function. The error pops up in a message box that says: "A runtime error has occured, do you wish to debug. Error Line 152, exception occured." If I debug it in VisualStudio, the first line in the copyValue() function appears to be the problem.

I have also tried using my own submit button with an onClick action that calls the copyValue() function itself. This produces the same error. Everything else works great, including the display of existing record content in the iFrame so the editorValue must be getting correctly passed to the iFrame display to begin with, but it's not being correctly copied back before submission due to the error. I'm using DreamweaverMX preview, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the error. I'm using PC Explorer 5.5 to test.

Anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong? I've followed all the documentation and tutorials, but no luck defeating this error.

Reply to this topic