Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

PHP Mail Suite - PHP_MAIL_FORM

Posted 23 May 2002 15:42:25
has voted
23 May 2002 15:42:25 Ken Carter posted:
Tim,
I'm sorry about posting over on rawveg, but I thought since I wasn't getting a response here that maybe this wasn't the place for it as I've not seen individual forums for specific extensions here on UDzone. My heart felt applogies.

Quick refresh - I'm using the PHP_MAIL_FORM extension on a page that is NOT part of the cart. This is a configurator that I built for a specific product to quote provide quote information and the owner of the site responds via email with a full quotation based on the data collected.

It was working perfectly unil I added vlaidation to the form's fields. That event broke the mailer. After ripping out the validation and the mailer and then reapplying the extension, I still have a broken mailer.

I'm looking over the code that is put in place by the extension and don't see where it is actually sending the email in the script. Likely I'm just missing that part, but other than that all looks as it should.

I am adding the extension to the page, filling in the to and from fields with Then a subject. I am not filling in anything on the redirection, because the submit is sending a post to a results page.

Thanks,
Ken...

Replies

Replied 23 May 2002 17:28:39
23 May 2002 17:28:39 Tim Green replied:
Ken,

The actual mailing part of the routine is handled in an include file called tgMailClass.php.

Now, that part you should have seen when looking through the code. If you're not seeing an include() statement, in there then the behavior has been incorrectly applied.

It could also be that the include file hasn't been uploaded to your webserver, and your error_reporting setting in your PHP.ini is set at a level where the appropriate error message for not finding the include file is not shown.

I hope this helps.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>
Replied 23 May 2002 17:59:51
23 May 2002 17:59:51 Ken Carter replied:
All double checked....the include statement is there... the include file was there and I re-uploaded it incase it might be corrupted. Still nada.

Sigh!
Ken...

Replied 24 May 2002 12:50:07
24 May 2002 12:50:07 Ken Carter replied:
I'm still stuck on this one. I've been over the code many times and still can't see where it is failing. Since this is hosted else where I'm trying to findout what logs may or may not be available but not getting much help from that provider at the moment.

I'm going to generate a simple page and test it to see if I can get a fresh copy to work. If that goes then I will look over the code that is dropped in by the extension and compare it to the existing page.

Any other ideas are more than welcomed at this point.

Regards,
Ken...

Replied 24 May 2002 13:46:58
24 May 2002 13:46:58 Ken Carter replied:
I'm posting the result to a new thread.

Replied 25 May 2002 01:40:29
25 May 2002 01:40:29 Tim Green replied:
This thread is now closed. Topic continued Here

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting