Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Master / Detail Page Value Problem with Frames

Posted 22 May 2002 18:40:36
has voted
22 May 2002 18:40:36 Pat Heuber posted:
I want to call a frameset page (.htm) from a dyanamic master page. One of the frames contains the detail page. I used the "goto detail page" behavior and try to transfere the url (id) value.

Simulations by calling the detail page directly (without frames) work well. but I need to call the frameset because there is a menu on the left side. In this case no values seem to be handed over to the detail page as it alway shows the last record.

Can somebody give me a hint.

Replies

Replied 27 May 2002 09:32:45
27 May 2002 09:32:45 Julio Taylor replied:
the problems is that you are sending the variable to the index page. which will only contain the frameset information and the source paths to the other two pages.

I think you might be able to get around it by sending your values to a session variable and then killing the variable once you have used it. That way you'll be able to transport any value accross any number of pages without needing to have them in any type of order.

I haven't tried this, i'm just throwing ideas.

i hope this helps.

--J

P.S. i killed kenny
Replied 27 May 2002 09:53:02
27 May 2002 09:53:02 Pat Heuber replied:
thanks poolio,

it took me some time, that is the right way for me. I just didn't know how to use session variables. Now I know and everything works perfect. Thanks again !

Reply to this topic