Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Handling radiobuttons and checkboxes

Posted 25 Apr 2002 15:22:11
has voted
25 Apr 2002 15:22:11 Plamen Jelezov posted:
Hello everyone,
Few days ago I had to make a radiobuttons group, optionaly checkbox, that were required dinamicaly to display a certain DataBase Record and after that to make an Update. In my case the record displays if the user is Active or Not, marked with Y and N in the DataBase. When I finished it, the next step was to make them updating the same record, by clicking on the specific radobutton or checking or unchecking the checkbox. I added the behaviour needed, but unfortunately nothing happend. The record was not updated at all. The radiobuttons or the checkboxes were giving the same result -the result displayed as a dinamic value from the DB Record.

Is there someone who can help handling this problem?

Thanx in advance.
pj

Replies

Replied 25 Apr 2002 16:43:40
25 Apr 2002 16:43:40 No more Newsletters replied:
Can you clarify if the problem is 1) checked/unchecked data not posting to the DB or 2) checkboxes/buttons not properly retrieving data from DB?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hello everyone,
Few days ago I had to make a radiobuttons group, optionaly checkbox, that were required dinamicaly to display a certain DataBase Record and after that to make an Update. In my case the record displays if the user is Active or Not, marked with Y and N in the DataBase. When I finished it, the next step was to make them updating the same record, by clicking on the specific radobutton or checking or unchecking the checkbox. I added the behaviour needed, but unfortunately nothing happend. The record was not updated at all. The radiobuttons or the checkboxes were giving the same result -the result displayed as a dinamic value from the DB Record.

Thanx in advance.
pj
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Replied 27 Apr 2002 23:14:17
27 Apr 2002 23:14:17 Plamen Jelezov replied:
Hi ericwelsh!
Well the problem is that the radiobuttons/checkboxes are retrieving the data from the DataBase just fine. The problem is that they do not update the data in the DataBase at all. When I try to change the User status, for example from Y (Active) to N (none Active), by clicking on the cirtain radiobutton/checkbox the data in the DataBase does not change!

Thanx in advance for your help!
Best Regards.
pj
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Can you clarify if the problem is 1) checked/unchecked data not posting to the DB or 2) checkboxes/buttons not properly retrieving data from DB?

Hello everyone,

Thanx in advance.
pj
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Reply to this topic