Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

File Management

Posted 13 Apr 2002 20:26:51
has voted
13 Apr 2002 20:26:51 Viktor Farcic posted:
I'm creating OnLine File Management System and it will be pretty much like Windows Explorer. In short, I want to allow people in my company to be able to manage files on our server. So, for every folder there's a list of files and subfolders and they can delete, rename, upload... them. Nothing complicated.
One of the things I'd like to do is to present the icon together with other details (name, extension, size...).

My question:
Is there a way to present system icons on a page? I suppose not but I wanted to be sure.

Viktor Farcic

TalkZone Manager

Replies

Replied 14 Apr 2002 09:49:15
14 Apr 2002 09:49:15 Owen Eastwick replied:
You've probably considered this already, but just in case:

Provided the drive is mapped, you could make a link to the Physical path to a shared folder/dirctory on the Server which would open the folder in Windows Explorer view.

<a href="X:\">View Files"</a>

Where X: is the mapped directory \\ServerName\SharedDirectory

Regards

Owen.

Multiple Parameter UD4 / Access 2000 Database Search Tutorial:
www.tdsf.co.uk/tdsfdemo
Replied 14 Apr 2002 12:38:04
14 Apr 2002 12:38:04 Viktor Farcic replied:
Some users can only read files, others have full permissions, statistics... So, I ended up creating everything with ASP and FileSystemObject. Everything's fine and I don't have any real problem, except displaying file icons. It's not something I can't live without, but it would be nice. I know that I can upload gifs for every file type (ZIP, HTML, MDB...) but it's time consuming.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
You've probably considered this already, but just in case:

Provided the drive is mapped, you could make a link to the Physical path to a shared folder/dirctory on the Server which would open the folder in Windows Explorer view.

&lt;a href="X:\"&gt;View Files"&lt;/a&gt;

Where X: is the mapped directory \\ServerName\SharedDirectory

Regards

Owen.

www.tdsf.co.uk/tdsfdemo
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Viktor Farcic

TalkZone Manager
Replied 19 Apr 2002 08:25:41
19 Apr 2002 08:25:41 Owen Eastwick replied:
Hi Victor,

I came accross this and thought it might be useful for what you are doing:
www.web-sn.com/apps/fileace/
www.web-sn.com/scrpts/tree/#

Regards

Owen.

www.tdsf.co.uk/tdsfdemo

Edited by - oeastwick on 19 Apr 2002 08:55:39
Replied 19 Apr 2002 16:05:54
19 Apr 2002 16:05:54 Viktor Farcic replied:
Thanks!
They're successfully displaying icons for each file type and that's what I need. I'll take a closer look ASAP.
Except that, I've finished it completely. It was easier then I tought.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi Victor,

I came accross this and thought it might be useful for what you are doing:
www.web-sn.com/apps/fileace/
www.web-sn.com/scrpts/tree/#

Regards

Owen.

www.tdsf.co.uk/tdsfdemo

Edited by - oeastwick on 19 Apr 2002 08:55:39
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Viktor Farcic

TalkZone Manager

Reply to this topic