Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

setting up UD for php?

Posted 19 Feb 2002 02:40:15
has voted
19 Feb 2002 02:40:15 mike paler posted:
Hi folks,

I'm a huge fan of UD and have used it in the past quite a bit for asp sites. My question here, and hopefully this is a dumb one, is how should I set up UD for php?

I've installed the phackt (sp.) server model and can get that thing going fine. But my main question centers around the code view vs the wisywig editor. In my past use with ASP UD would beautifully display the asp/html in the design view. Sections of asp that were includes would get p****d and shown right there. With php, NOTHING shows in the design view. I can only see stuff in the code view.

SHould I be setting something up in UD so it can read the php tags?

I'm a very "visual coder" and I like to see things as I make them. Also, often the way I work is take some prewritten & designed scripts/code and open them in UD, break them down and redesign them. It did this once with this very forum (Snitz). By not being able to do this with php I'm essentially dead in my tracks and very frustrated.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks, Mike

Replies

Replied 23 Feb 2002 15:59:09
23 Feb 2002 15:59:09 Tim Green replied:
This subject is really covered in the standard UltraDev documentation. Setting up UD for PHP is the same as setting up UD for ASP,JSP or CFML pages.

You need to set the correct Application Server (PHP) and all the correct Server Settings and database settings within 'Define Sites'. You must also ensure that you upload the Connections folder and the adodb folder to your web server.

This subject has been covered here before so I'm sure looking through previous posts on this forum you'll be able to sort the problem out.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic