Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Impakt/Nextensio experiences?

Posted 11 Feb 2002 10:43:16
has voted
11 Feb 2002 10:43:16 Daniel Baars posted:
I'm a complete newbie to PHP and considering purchasing Impakt with Nextensio for use with Ultradev. Just wondering what your experiences are with these products? Do they work well?

Also: I'm pretty sure I'll need a book about PHP and MySQL as well, Impakt's documentation will probably be not enough. Any recommendations?

Replies

Replied 11 Feb 2002 16:33:43
11 Feb 2002 16:33:43 enquest enquest1 replied:
Well first learn Phakt and then buy Impakht. It isn't hard you do it in a week or so. I just bought Impakht and it works great only have one stupid problem Nextension. But I'm expecting a answer from Interakt. Nextension is realy easy and it does what it has to do. Lets be honest for 100$ isn't much even if you on a thight budget. Soon I hope to buy www.rawveg.org intellicart. . Together with this forum I think I wil be able to handle most of the things. Intellicart is made by Tim and one thing about him, you can trust this guy to make something sound. So give him some credit by buying the intellicart.

About books, most stuff you can find on the Internet. Though I am not a programmer firt looked at 24 hour PhP by Larry Ullman. When you know absolutly nothing its a good start. But after this take up something like the Wrox book Beginning PhP. I still aint a programmer but it made me understand wath is going on in the script.
Hope this helps

Just learning

Replied 13 Feb 2002 18:33:43
13 Feb 2002 18:33:43 Paul Lacey replied:
Hi Daniel

I agree with enquest.
Personally I have no knowledge of handcoding PHP, luckily I don't need to thanks to Phakt. Like enquest says, try out Phakt then upgrade to the Imphact / Nextensio bundle, suddenly you will find yourself able to do complex backend systems in hours.

I have got Imphact and Nextensio now from Interact and it is excellent, there is nothing else out there like it. And if you need support, the people on this talk zone have managed to sort out every single problem I have ever encountered. Once you have Phact or Imphact, the hardest bit is connecting to your database, and there is loads of help on this site of how to do it.

Finally, for speed I also use a program call AccessMySQL, this mean you can use MS Access as a kind of user interface MySQL database. Very very handy! And saves me having to learn how to create database tables and columns etc in telnet or whatever it uses.

the link is www.accessmysql.com

Paul

Reply to this topic