Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

phakt from home server to linux server

Posted 22 Jan 2002 21:34:38
has voted
22 Jan 2002 21:34:38 stefano panusa posted:
How hard is it to make a site done at home with UD and the phakt php extension (and mysql), and transfer it to a linux server running mysql, that's not running dns? Can I simply replace the require files with my own connection string ?

Replies

Replied 07 Feb 2002 04:34:19
07 Feb 2002 04:34:19 Michael Beardsley replied:
Hi verty411,

I do all of my design work at home with my UltraDev box connected to an old Dell running RedHat with MySQL, PHP, Apache, etc.

When I move my files to the live host, I just have to make a new connection script. There's a couple of ways to do this. You can either copy your entire defined site to a new folder for UltraDev and make a new connection file (without messing up your development one) or you can hand-edit the connYour_Connection_Name.php file in the Connections folder on your live host once you've uploaded everything.

A habit I've gotten into is setting up my databases here locally the same way the ISP I work with does it. Makes everything a lot smoother when it comes time to move everything to production if all the databases, usernames, and passwords are the same.

Hope that helps some.

Michael

Reply to this topic