Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Bug????? (é, à è)

Posted 18 Jan 2002 15:35:03
has voted
18 Jan 2002 15:35:03 enquest enquest1 posted:
I don’t know if this is a bug but thought I tell in case it is.
I use win 2000, Phakt 1.1.3 and dynamic image. Why the problem occurs,I don’t know but whet using the frence letter é, à or è in a field phakt wouldn’t load the image’s when you browse from record to record in your browser.

Thanxs

Replies

Replied 18 Jan 2002 19:50:13
18 Jan 2002 19:50:13 Bruno Mairlot replied:
Enquest,

be it a bug or not, I strongly recommend you, not using these character in any file name.(Image or HTML)

First, you will avoid these case. And this may not be a Phakt bug, nor a PHP bug, but instead your browser that doesn't interpret the filename correctly, or it could be your HTTP server that doesn't serve correctly these type of files.

Don't forget that these character are not permitted in the HTTP protocol. They must be instead changed in %XX value (like space char is %20).

If you really really really have to support these filenames, use the urlencode() PHP function to transform any filename in HTTP encoded filename.

If these filenames comes from a user input, try to change it by suppressing these character. (You could do that by checking if urlencode() and the initial string are different, and then take actions)

Bruno

--- Better to die trying, than never try at all ---

Reply to this topic