Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Impakt ADO errors

Posted 17 Jan 2002 00:22:56
has voted
17 Jan 2002 00:22:56 Stephen Bateman posted:
I have just had to rebuld my w/s thanks to a fault HD, and have reinstalled Impakt 1.02 but when creating a new site and trying to run a page using a data source all I get is...

Parse error: parse error in /home/sites/site15/web/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 421

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: adoloadcode() in /home/sites/site15/web/Connections/conn_nangels.php on line 25

Can anyone help me on this ?

Thanks

Stephen

Replies

Replied 19 Jan 2002 02:27:31
19 Jan 2002 02:27:31 Tim Green replied:
Edit your connection, by just opening up the connections dialogue, double clicking the connection and click ok in the next dialogue. Then upload your COnnections folder and your adodb folder to the website overwriting what was there previously.

I'm pretty sure the problem you are having is because the version of ADODB has changed in that version (ADODB changed some of the naming conventions).....

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Edited by - rawveg on 19 Jan 2002 02:28:29
Replied 19 Jan 2002 09:55:19
19 Jan 2002 09:55:19 Stephen Bateman replied:
Thanks Tim I will try that when I get back home on Monday.

Just out of interest, These arrors come with a new install of Ultra Dev 4, followed by Switcher by PD.. then Impakt 1.0.2... so perhaps in is a problem with there ADO scripts.
Replied 20 Jan 2002 01:11:21
20 Jan 2002 01:11:21 Tim Green replied:
I don't think so, as ADODB is written by a third party, and as it works in PHAkT OK then I don't see any reason why it shouldn't in IMPAkT.

Granted, Interakt have made a couple of minor amendments with ADODB for IMPAkT, but as I run this set up too using the PD Configuration Switcher, multiple versions of PHAkT and IMPAkT I doubt very much that this is the issue.

I strongly suspect that there has been a version change in IMPAkT somewhere along the lines and your website was using old ADODB code. As they have just recently changed naming conventions for some functions, it is more likely that this is the issue.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic