Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Insert record issue

Posted 15 Jan 2002 23:20:56
has voted
15 Jan 2002 23:20:56 darko antic posted:
Just started using phakt. i submitted this issue to interakt through they bugtracker but looking for a workaround. Insert record behaviour screws the code up, however the page uploaded on the site kinda works. the record is being inserted but instead getting to the redirect page i am getting this error "Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by..."
any idea
thanks
darko

Replies

Replied 15 Jan 2002 23:23:03
15 Jan 2002 23:23:03 darko antic replied:
BTW the above phakt 1.1.3 Macintosh version

Replied 16 Jan 2002 22:10:39
16 Jan 2002 22:10:39 Tim Green replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
"Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by..."
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

This is a common problem when using sessions or setting HTTP Header information. Basically, at some point in your script, just before the insert record code block, some data is being sent to the browser, and this will prevent the redirect from happening.

The most likely cause of this is a blank line in between code blocks, so look for any line in between the closing ?&gt; and opening &lt;?php tags that is just blank.

The most likely culprit for this is the very first line of the page.

Hope this helps.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic