Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Phakt, IIS 5.1, PHP 4.1 and URL problems! Help!!

Posted 03 Jan 2002 23:02:00
has voted
03 Jan 2002 23:02:00 Sebastian Veggiani posted:
Hi:

Please, I need your help with this.

System: IIS 5.1, PHP 4.1.0, Phakt 1.0.1

1) I have a restricted set of pages in my site.

2) When I try to access these pages I'm redirected to the login page.

3) In the login page the URL in the browser is:
# localhost/transagro/login.php?accessdenied=%2Ftransagro%2Feventos%2Feventos_admin.php

4) I do login correctly and the browser jumps to the protected page, but all CSS styles aren't loaded, the URL
remains like:
# localhost/transagro/login.php?accessdenied=%2Ftransagro%2Feventos%2Feventos_admin.php.

And when I try to click in any link to a php page I obtain the following error:
# CGI Error
# The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

5) This happens in IIS 5.1, but in my Abria Merlin Instalation (Apache, PHP, MySQL) doesn´t.

6) I think this is a URL encoding problem, but I can´t find the problem. I had compared 'php.ini' from both
instalations without a solution.

7) When I install Apache and PHP separatedly (not the Abria Merlin package) I have the same problems. Where
could the error be?

8) It's a wrong configuration of the headers in IIS? or in php? or what? This is driving me crazy!!! HELP!!!

Thanks!

Sebastian Veggiani

Replies

Replied 04 Jan 2002 02:10:02
04 Jan 2002 02:10:02 Tim Green replied:
It sounds to me like you might be experiencing some of the reported issues with PHP 4.1.0, though you might be happy to know that v4.1.1 has been released, and sometime soon they will be releasing the Windows binaries.

Your CSS issues shouldn't really occur, as the URL in the address bar should bear no relation to the CSS File URL. However, as the URL isn't changing I would suspect that something else is at play here, though to be perfectly honest, I can't think what.

I would suggest that you upgrade to PHP v4.1.1 as soon as possible, and see if your problem persists.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>
Replied 04 Jan 2002 18:20:14
04 Jan 2002 18:20:14 Sebastian Veggiani replied:
Tim:
It happens too with Php 4.0.4, 4.0.5., 4.0.6.
I think it is a problem with the headers, any idea?
I will try today if this happens with Phakt 1.1.1 too and I'll post results here.
Thanks again...

Sebastian

Edited by - elhobbit on 04 Jan 2002 18:21:39
Replied 15 Jan 2002 22:41:05
15 Jan 2002 22:41:05 patrick newman replied:
# The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
glad im not the only one getting this error
give in half the time and just load it to my site to see if it works

ps i am running win xp with iis not shure if this is where the prolblem lies havenot got a clue what im doing but going to build a lunix machine as everything should work better than MS

Replied 16 Jan 2002 22:07:41
16 Jan 2002 22:07:41 Tim Green replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

When you are getting this error, it is definitely a PHP issue. It is more than likely because you are running PHP as a CGI, as opposed to the ISAPI module.

For details on how to use the ISAPI module, consult the readme file in your PHP distribution's archive, it gives full and accurate information on how to get this to work with IIS.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic